Home Detroit 5th Gen Camaro Club
This is the start of a issues thread. I will post here when we get to the point of trying to identify new issues.
Hello David, what's the status of the forum stuff and polls coming over from the old site? Asking as to know if we should start looking to move this over ourselves?

Thanks,
I liked the "A new member has signed up, say hello" post we had. Is that something you could bring back?
  and  like this.
Mike Genslak said...

Hello David, what's the status of the forum stuff and polls coming over from the old site? Asking as to know if we should start looking to move this over ourselves?

Thanks,

To my knowledge there is no way to migrate the forum posts and polls. I will show users how to migrate that along with their profile custom fields when I get the profile fields added.
  and  like this.

I liked the "A new member has signed up, say hello" post we had. Is that something you could bring back?

I agree, and I am looking for a method to add that back, closest I have found so far it just a box that tells who the new members are. I will try to at least get that added this week at some point.
  and  like this.
Will we be able to know the status of the members on the site, rather than just "registered user", or am I just missing something?

Thanks,
Beth
   likes this.

Will we be able to know the status of the members on the site, rather than just "registered user", or am I just missing something?

Thanks,
Beth

Yes/Maybe.. now that its clear as mud let me explain. We will have the option of registered/member/officer badges but with the new system we can take that a step further if we wanted. We now have other options such as a limited number of page views for non paid members among other ways to limit access of guests. It's something we need to still talk through and come up with a plan that makes sense. The site works for the most part but is still very very much under construction. We are still a long way from finished and most of this will come out as we get closer to the finish line. Hope that answers your questions and raises a few new ones Tongue
  and  like this.
Looks like we still have some lost members out there. I was contacted by Chuck Jensen and Brian Nowicki. Neither of them can log in. Can you please verify they are still there. I know I see them as members, but that doens not mean they can log in. Thank - you
Are you going to go thru the members list and remove those who are not really here. No profile picture, no info, no nothing still pending friends with me. ETC. It will help shorten up the list of who is really part of the club and who isn't right now it shows 300 members. I know that is not accurate for how many have paid, and not accurate for how many are even real. Just throwing that out there too.
   likes this.
I sent the ADMIN a note yesterday, and the week before. I have heard from a few people now either thru emails at work, or from CAMARO5.com. They were not aware the site was going down or changing. Not sure if a mass email went out to all. I don't recall how it was notified to us the site was changing. Bottome line, we still have many lost at sea. Cannot get on the site. Any news of updates to help all of them, or some of the remaining issues still at hand. I posted a thread about this the other day as I could not get the forum page to work for me. Not looking to sound harsh or bash, I know we are all busy, just asking for those who cannot ask for themselves.
Mike Genslak said...

I sent the ADMIN a note yesterday, and the week before. I have heard from a few people now either thru emails at work, or from CAMARO5.com. They were not aware the site was going down or changing. Not sure if a mass email went out to all. I don't recall how it was notified to us the site was changing. Bottome line, we still have many lost at sea. Cannot get on the site. Any news of updates to help all of them, or some of the remaining issues still at hand. I posted a thread about this the other day as I could not get the forum page to work for me. Not looking to sound harsh or bash, I know we are all busy, just asking for those who cannot ask for themselves.

If you have issues, let Derrick or Sam know if I am not available that is the process someone will get to me and we will have the issue fixed.
Hello Admin, I was not aware of a policy that we should contact Sam or Derrick with issues too. I will do so from now on. I will also send this to your other email box, as it appears you are not looking at the admin one?

Here are the last 3 people who have contacted me and cannot get in:

Brian Nowicki,
Steve Ramirez,
Chuck Jenson.

A couple other people are looking to pay on the site, but I have informed them you are working on that.

Mike
Just passing along an issue I uncovered. Problem with the polls section so far, we are limited to only 6 choices. I am sending a message to Admin, Sam and Derrick to inform them of this issue.
Mike Genslak said...

Hello Admin, I was not aware of a policy that we should contact Sam or Derrick with issues too. I will do so from now on. I will also send this to your other email box, as it appears you are not looking at the admin one?

Here are the last 3 people who have contacted me and cannot get in:

Brian Nowicki,
Steve Ramirez,
Chuck Jenson.

A couple other people are looking to pay on the site, but I have informed them you are working on that.

Mike

Fixed you can now add up to 50.
   likes this.