Home Detroit 5th Gen Camaro Club
I accept the trustee nomination....
I accept the nomination for Treasurer.

This past year has been a very hectic year for me with moving, selling our house of 29 years, remodeling at both houses, moving my mom in with us and her health issues, the guys both breaking bones from falls, the roof needing to be replaced at our new home after a storm and dealing with the insurance company, work and health issues for me, a personal issue that really broke my heart, and our usual commotion. I'm normally a strong person and can deal with most anything that is thrown at me, but I finally found my breaking point and I know it effected my involvement with the Club along with other things. With all that was going on I did manage to attend some of the bigger events this spring and summer (Rodger's show, Woodward Cruise, Downriver Cruise, Telegraph Cruise, Camaro Superfest, Gilmore Museum and our October meeting) which were an enjoyable break. I'm thankful to say things are finally settling down, and I will be more involved again with my Club family that I enjoy. Thanks for your patience!!
Thank you for the nomination and for your support this past year. It has been an honor to serve as President this past year and VP for almost 2 years prior to that.

Unfortunately I am withdrawing from running this year and respectfully decline the nomination. I am humbled and grateful for the nomination and for all the kind words regarding the job you think I, as well as the rest of the board, did this past year. However, I don’t think I performed the duties of the role as well as was needed. Thankfully, the other members of the board picked up the slack and often made me look good while doing most of the work in the background. They deserve most of the credit.

I do think that distance played a factor in the difficulty I had this year. It is hard to do this job, living this far away. It isn’t impossible, I don’t think, but it is extremely difficult. This is not a commentary on Frank’s potential as President either. More of a cautionary tale. If you care a much about this club as I do, doing this role from long distance will be more stressful than not. My opinion…a Detroit based club should have Detroit based leadership. The President is the face of the organization to the sports car community but also the local communities. That’s hard to do well if you aren’t actually in those communities.

I also think that, although it’s not explicit in the rules, it’s important that the president of a Camaro club own an actual Camaro. Obviously, I do not. That alone is enough to make me uncomfortable in the role.

In the end, though, it is for mostly personal and family reasons that I need to withdraw. This summer and fall has been difficult in our family and I need to focus more attention there. I love my Camaro family and will not be going away.

Thank you again.
On behalf of the Dennis/Dawn nomination, Dawn accepts the nomination for Treasurer.
I'll accept the nomination for event coordinator. Thank you
I've been thinking of how I can help the club. I really like our events and would be highly interested in helping to start the First Annual James Martin Car Show to kick off the show season. So since I don't want to be narcissistic, if two members would nominate and second my entry for event coordinator, I'll accept.
CJ Hall said...

I've been thinking of how I can help the club. I really like our events and would be highly interested in helping to start the First Annual James Martin Car Show to kick off the show season. So since I don't want to be narcissistic, if two members would nominate and second my entry for event coordinator, I'll accept.

CJ, I'll nominate you.
   likes this.
Hi Everyone! I've done some thinking, and I'd like to re-nominate myself. I really enjoy this club and the people, and love being at the events with everyone. Sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed with everything, but this is the one thing I continue to enjoy and still want to be involved in and try to make a difference. I try to make all new and existing members feel welcome and appreciated. So, with that said, I'm re-nominating myself, and putting myself back on the ballot for VP. Thanks!
I will second the nominations for Arian, CJ and Kelly
  and  like this.

I will second the nominations for Arian, CJ and Kelly

Thanks Tim! I appreciate it. Happy
Page 2 of 2